Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 4

...and isn't he looking good?

After giving Darcy a very easy start to let him settle in (and due to some pretty feral weather over the weekend) we got into the swing of things on Sunday evening.
I took him out into the jumping paddock, and gave him a bit of a warm up, and to see if his stiffness had abated at all.



Today, I took him for his first proper session - and we had a great time, doing trotting poles and grids and, after a few minutes of trying to steady him, taking him over some jumps. The girl that works at the place he's agisted at came out with me, and we were soon giggling and taking videos of each other as we took it in turns to do a circuit. Darcy and I started off small, then had a go at a few of the bigger poles after I learned to steady him and get his take-off right. We had a great time, and had quite a good workout - we were both absolutely knackered and covered in sweat by the time we'd finished. I had one of the best days ever!


P.S... how cute is this foal?! She's only 5 months,and is going to be a bit of a superstar - and currently loves devouring my coat when I sneak in to give her a cuddle.

1 comment: