Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Week

...and we had the best day ever. After warming him up, I decided it was time to tackle a few jumps - and found Darcy simply stepping over the jumps he'd been enjoying leaping over a few days ago. He was absolutely raring to go - I had quite a job holding him in, and trying to settle him. I put up the rails another hole, and let Ashleigh take him over to see if she'd live through it - and boy, did he jump! We soon put it up another hole, and I took him over at 3ft which he cleared with ease.
Showing Darcy what we were about to take on.

Even after I decided he'd had enough after only a short time, he was still pulling at the bit to trot over the other jumps when I walked him around on a loose rein. I took him back to the cross ties, washed him down and then sat by his feet and let him nibble and chew on my feet. He really is the sweetest natured horse, and soon I was teaching myself to vault onto his back, and trotting him around bareback holding onto his mane. He seems to have as much fun as I do, and even when Cam put his rug on back to front the other day, he simply dozes off as he adores the attention. And really, the tail flap didn't look too bad as his neck rug...


My first jump at 3 ft :)

No comments:

Post a Comment