Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 6


After having another great day jumping yesterday, Darcy and I were both feeling a little stiff today, so instead of giving him a work out I decided it was time he had his bath. I got slightly carried away, and ended up having a good giggle with Ashleigh as we soaped him up and made his mane into spikes, and drew pretty pictures in the suds on his back. He seems quite content having two girls fuss over him for hours on end.


Whenever I go to see him - which is currently twice a day, even though he gets fed and rugged by the staff at the property - I seem to end up staying for hours, walking him around and grooming him, and watching him fall asleep when I scratch under his ears. I'd like to think he's starting to like me a bit more - he follows me around the paddock and comes up when I call him, even though I'm not the one who feeds him, and he loves standing in the cross-ties as I fuss over him and have chats with him.


And even though he was a little stiff today, I could barely get him out of the jumping paddock last night. Even when I cool him down and walk him on a loose rein, he makes a bee-line straight for the jumps and tries to break into a trot when we go near the trotting grids. I'm having more and more fun with him every day, and he's looking more and more handsome. On Friday when the farrier comes to do his feet and he gets his teeth done after that, he'll be looking even better - if he hasn't gone and undone all the good work I put in today by rolling in his paddock.

1 comment: